The Moonwalk London, organised by Walk the Walk, moved to Clapham Common in 2014 and following the success that year it has been on Clapham Common ever since. Walk the Walk is a grant making charity, specialising in creating Power Walking challenges with the aim of not only raising money for vital breast cancer causes, but to also encourage women and men to become more aware of their own potential for good health and fitness through walking. The MoonWalk London has become an iconic flagship event, and this year is celebrating its 22nd year. On this one night the event can expect to raise over £6 million, which over the past 20 years has contributed to the charity raising over £130 million.
- The construction of MoonWalk London begins on Friday 3 May.
- Saturday 4 May – Work will be taking place during normal working hours.
- Saturday 11 May – Sound checks may take place during the afternoon. The event will commence from 8.30pm in the evening.
- Sunday 12 May: The MoonWalk closes at approximately 11.00am – after which there is minimal activity for the rest of the day.
- The MoonWalk will leave Clapham Common on Thursday 16 May.
If you have any concerns about the Event, please contact the organisers or Lambeth on the following;
- For direct contact with Walk the Walk: Monday – Friday 9am – 5.30pm – Please Call 01483 741 430
- During the Event: From 9am Saturday 12 May to 12.00 Midday on Sunday 13th May –
- Please Call MoonWalk Hotline Number 0207 812 2262. If a message is left, they will respond as soon as possible. Only available during these times.
- Alternatively, please call Event Lambeth Out of Hours on 020 7926 9793. Please note this number is in operation during event hours only.