Notice for Article 12
Festival Republic Summer Event
London Borough of Lambeth is applying to the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs for consent under Article 12 of the Greater London Parks and Open Spaces Order 1967 to carry out restricted works on Clapham Common. The Planning Inspectorate will decide the application on behalf of the Secretary of State.
The proposed works are for the creation of a temporary event site on Clapham Common for a ticketed public music and entertainment event produced by Festival Republic in summer 2022. Temporary fencing and event structures (including event stages, big top style tents, concession stands, toilets and welfare facilities, back of house cabins and plant enclosures) will be onsite for a duration of 19 days.
The fencing will be located on the area of the common known as the dedicated ‘Event Site’ set aside for public events. It is located at the northeast of Clapham Common. The event site area will be 81,100 square metres, no more than 10 percent of the common.
The fencing – solid steel shield Type – will be 1,050 metres in length around the whole event site. The fencing will be 3.4 metres in height. It will enclose the temporary event site safely and will have eight public and staff entrances in total including fire exits.
Due to Government advice in respect of Coronavirus (COVID-19), a hard copy of the application will not be left in a public area for viewing. However, electronic copies of the application form and supporting documents are available via the links below.
Electronic copies can also be obtained on request, from Lambeth Council by emailing Events@lambeth.gov.uk or calling 0207 926 6207 (during office hours).
The application form and documents will be available until Friday 4 March 2022.
In view of the COVID-19 pandemic, any representations to the Planning Inspectorate should where possible, be sent by email ON or BEFORE that date to: email@example.com.
Representations sent to the Planning Inspectorate cannot be treated as confidential. They will be copied to the applicant and potentially other interested parties. To find out more about how the Planning Inspectorate uses and manages personal data, please go to the privacy notice.
London Borough of Lambeth
6 Brixton Hill
Application form documents
- Clapham Common – CLC Application
- Clapham Common CLC Application 1 – List of Supporting Documents
- Clapham Common H&S Questionnaire
- Clapham Common – Boundary and Buildings Map
- Clapham Common CLC App 1 – Section J Site Plan
- Festival Republic 2022 – Site Plan v1.6
- Register of Common Land
- 20210419 – Reinstatement PAC statement
- Clapham Common CLC Application (1) Festival Republic – Heritage Assessment with Appendices (Jan 2022)
- Lambeth Ecology Management plan (2020)
- Lambeth Events Policy (April 2020)
- Lambeth Events Strategy (April 2020)
- Planning Permission Ref. 2100180RG3
- APPENDIX 3 – Clapham Common Application – Site Events Schedule 2021-2604363
- APPENDIX 4 – New contract for Clapham Common – 2604359
- Application and Ownership boundaries – 2604346
- Application form (W/O Personal Data) -2604369
- Assessing the Ecological Impact of Events – 2604350
- Bats and the built environment series – 2604360
- Clapham Common events application – LBL Update – 2657672
- Clapham Common events application – LBL Update – 2659512
- Clapham Common planning application for temporary events – 2604361
- Clapham Common planning applications – 2604355
- Consultation on Lambeth’s Events Strategy -2604343
- Covering Letter – 2604365
- COVID-19 and Events – 2604356
- Ecological impact assessment for Clapham Common (July 2018) – 2604351
- Ecological impact assessment for Clapham Common (July 2020 update) – 2604352
- Ecology management plan – 2604353
- Event access arrangements – 2604345
- Event details – 2604364
- Green Events guide – 2604357
- Guidance on the control of sound at Outdoor events (2016) – 2604358
- Lambeth Council guidelines for Animals at events – 2604354
- Lambeth’s Events Policy (2020 – 2025) – 2604342
- Lambeth’s Events Strategy (2020 -2025) – 2604341
- Large and major events locations – 2604347
- PAC report – 2680410
- Site plan – 2610625
- Terms and conditions – 2604362
- Transport and parking – 2604348
- Transport monitoring report – 2604349
- Tree Strategy Appendices
- Tree Strategy Final Dec 2012