Organising an event, whether it’s big or small can be quite daunting. So we want to give you all the information you might need to be able to organise your own as easily as possible.
Planning your event
We have put together a full guide which will help you understand all the processes of holding an outdoor event, documentation we require and a breakdown of the costs involved.
Our full Guide details our policy and protocols for events and can be found here: Lambeth Events Policy 2020.2025
You will need to apply online to hold an event in Lambeth using EventApp.
All of the information on these pages is just a guide. You will need to contact us for more specific details but it depends on the size of your event.
Please make sure you have read our Terms and Conditions of Hire before submitting the form.
All events are required to adhere to Lambeth Green Events Guide.
For information on the new 2016 sound guidance for events Guidance for Control of Sound at Outdoor Events 2016
Find some useful resources to help you with your event.
- London Events Toolkit This Toolkit is a practical resource to help you run a successful event in the capital
- Organising a voluntary event – a ‘can do’ guide Simple guidance to plan and run voluntary events with a minimum of red tape
- Street Parties Organise a street party and send in an application
- EventImpacts provides you with key guidance and knowledge to create an impact assessment for your event.
- Economic Impact Toolkit provides you with the tools to find out the economic impact and social return for your event.
- Premises Licence Applications for Premises Licence
- Application for a Temporary Event Notice Application for a Temporary Events Notice
- Food Safety Information on Food Safety and Trading Standards
- Building Control Find out about building regulations and how to get approval
- Film App For Filming applications and locations in the London Borough of Lambeth
- Attitude is Everything improving deaf and disabled people’s access to live music
- Function Central Disability Awareness and planning for accessibility
- A Greener Festival Helping Festivals and Events around the world to be more environmentally sustainable
Things to think about
- Consider the timing and duration of your event. When are your attendees most likely to arrive? Is your event location easily accessible?
- Do check any planned transport closures with Transport for London – 0343 222 1234 (option 5).
- Is the event free or ticketed and how will tickets be sold or booked?
- Always remember your budget, as costs can escalate quickly.
- Try contacting someone with experience in running your type of event, for tips and advice at an early stage.
- If you are proposing to use one of our parks or open spaces you need to discuss the event with one of our events officer, who will guide you through the booking process.
- Depending on the content of your event you may also need to contact other areas of the council.
- Depending on the scale and type of event, applications may need to be submitted a year or more ahead for the necessary planning steps to be completed.
- Allow time for the statutory authorities (e.g. police, fire and ambulances services and local authority) to make arrangements for support.