Notice for Article 12
CLAPHAM COMMON 2024 Events
The London Borough of Lambeth is applying to the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs for consent under Article 12 of the Greater London Parks and Open Spaces Order 1967 to carry out restricted works on Clapham Common. The Planning Inspectorate will decide the application on behalf of the Secretary of State.
The proposed works are for the creation of temporary event sites on Clapham Common for a series of public entertainment, leisure and recreational sporting events in 2024. Temporary fencing and event structures (including event stages, marquees, funfair rides, concession stands, event gantries, gazebos, toilets and welfare facilities, back of house cabins and plant enclosures) will be onsite for the events for a total duration of 237 days in 2024.
The fencing and structures will be located on the following areas of the common:
- The area referred to as the ‘Event Site’ located at the northeast of Clapham Common accessible from Long Road (Moonwalk, Secret Cinema, Fashion Event).
- Area between Long Pond and Windmill Drive located at the east of Clapham Common (Colourscape).
- The gravel Redgra sports pitches on the west side of the common, adjacent to the A205 (CRUK Race for Life / Pretty Muddy, Oktoberfest, Run Through 5k & 10k).
- Area referred to as ‘Funfair Site’ located on the west of Clapham Common, west of Mount Pond (George Irvin’s Funfair, International Circus).
- Clapham Common ‘Southside Site’ located at the south of Clapham Common bordered by Clapham Common Southside, Nightingale Lane, Nightingale Walk & the Avenue (British Heart Foundation London to Brighton Bike Ride / Skyline Bike London to Brighton Bike Ride, Vegandale).
- Clapham Common Old Town / Polygon (Clapham Fair 2023).
Every event will either have a Heras style perimeter fence or not be fenced at all. The largest perimeter fence line will be 823 metres in length. The heras style fencing will be a maximum of 2 metres in height.
For some events, 1.1 meter high pedestrian barriers (crowd control barriers) will make up a section of the event site or area of fence line. The fencing will enclose the temporary event sites safely and will include public and staff entrances, including fire exits.
Electronic copies of the application form and supporting documents will be made available to view online from Lambeth Council at the website address: https://www.eventlambeth.co.uk/news/
A paper copy of the application form and supporting documents may be obtained by writing to the Council’s below postal address or email address at firstname.lastname@example.org
The application form and documents will be available until Friday 15th December 2023.
Any representations to the Planning Inspectorate should be sent by email ON or BEFORE that date to: email@example.com
Representations sent to the Planning Inspectorate cannot be treated as confidential. They will be copied to the applicant and potentially other interested parties and could be published on Lambeth’s Council’s website if required by PINS. To find out more about how the Planning Inspectorate uses and manages personal data, please go to the privacy notice.
EventLambeth, London Borough of Lambeth, Lambeth Town Hall, Brixton Hill, SW2 1RW
- 1.1 – Clapham Common – CLC Article 12 Application – 2024 Temporary Events
- 1.2 – Clapham Common Event Details CLC 2024
- 1.3 – Clapham Common_Register of Common Land
- 1.4 – CC Common Land Area Map 1877
- 1.5 – TLC Commons Registration – Clapham Common (2017)
Site Plan & Additional Information
- 2.1 – George Irvin’s Funfair (Events 1+16)
- 2.2 – Moonwalk
- 2.3 – Run Through 5k & 10k Event Village (Events 3,8.12)
- 2.4 – CRUK Race for Life
- 2.5 – Secret Cinema
- 2.6 – British Heart Foundation – London to Brighton Bike Ride
- 2.7 – Vegandale
- 2.8 – Fashion Event
- 2.9 – Clapham Fair
- 2.10 – Colourscape
- 2.11 – Oktoberfest
- 2.12 – Skyline – London to Brighton
- 2.13 – International Circus
- 2.14 – Clapham Common Event Sites Programme 2024
- 2.15 – Clapham Common Section J Plan – 2024 Events
- 2.16 – Clapham-Common-Boundary-and-Buildings-Map
- 3.1 – Article 12 Notice of Clapham Common Events 2024
- 3.3 – Clapham Common CLC 2024 – Letter to Consultees
- 3.4 South London Press Notice – Page 37 17th Nov 2023
- 3.5 – Photographs of Notices 17.11.23 (Zipped folder)
- 4.1 – Lambeth Events Policy (2020)
- 4.2 – Lambeth Events Strategy (2020)
- 4.3 – Clapham Common Ecological Impact Assessment (2020)
- 4.4 – Clapham Common Ecological Impact Assessment (JUL2018)
- 4.5 – Lambeth ECOLOGY MANAGEMENT PLAN (2020)
- 4.6 – Lambeth Clapham Common Agrostics Report (Aug2022)
- 4.7 – Lambeth Clapham Common Tree Strategy Final (2012)
- 4.8 – Lambeth Clapham Common Tree Strategy Appendices (2012)
- 4.11 – COM3293941 – Clapham Common decision 16-06-22
- 4.12 – COM3312124 COM 3307440 – Clapham Common Works decision 08-06-23
Zipped folder of all files